Saturday, March 6, 2010

Simplicity?

Do the words "simplify" and "new baby" even BELONG in the same sentence? That was my goal for the year 2010 - to purge and simplify. Get rid of all the clutter that is daily bogging me down. I planned to have a bigger garden, can more, freeze more, learn more about baking bread, and hopefully cut down on our grocery bill even more this year. Well. I really should learn that all of this ridiculous planning is not necessarily going to guarantee results. It would be nice, though. :) The past two months I've been to sick to do anything but dream of what I would LIKE to be doing. Oh I have plenty more ideas now for my raised bed gardens, container gardens, landscaping, and organizing since I've had all this time to look at blogs, etc! :) Hopefully soon some of these symptoms will subside and I can get on with at least some of my plans for the year. Today is an absolutely gorgeous day - the temps are suppose to be near 50 and the sun is shining! Maybe we can get some of the yard cleaned up today... maybe. :)

1 comment:

D said...

Hello Sarah, good to see you in the blogging world. I love your header photo! those precious little feet. I actually did a resin sculpture of my son's feet when he was a baby... now 39!

Simplify. Wonderful thoughts and good for the soul. That's what we are doing, have been doing, continue to do. ;) Overwhelming if I focus on all of it, and found I must take one step at a time; work on one area in one room/one project and don't look at anything else until that is done. And soon much progress is made.

We have been starting seeds the past several weeks and are excited about the new vegetable garden. To think you have several little helpers who I'll bet will be good to grow a bounty.

I see warmer weather in WV now.... Spring is everywhere. Blessings to you and your family.